On October 1st, 2010, we designed, developed and deployed the Vegas Video Network website (1.0). With some minor changes, the overall design (and underlying structure) has remained the same. And while it did a great job over the years, it was beginning to lag from a technology and design standpoint.
Today, we launched a completely rebuilt Vegas Video Network website (call it, 2.0). There was a number of reasons behind the decision to deploy a new website. They include:
- Speed: The new website serves up pages 33% faster than previously
- Design: Cleaner overall look and feel with less unnecessary graphics (we got REALLY fancy with our CSS code)
- More Video Focused: The home page has been redone to focus on two main items: the LIVE/Instant Replay content and the nine most recent VVN video episodes
- Navigation: A clearer set of top-level menu options
- Mobile Friendly: The new website is HTML5-based and mobile responsive
- Latest Technology: The underlying infrastructure of the website has been completely refreshed with the latest version of all software required to run the website.
Take A Look!
Please take a look around the new website. With over 1,900 pages, 900+ comments, 58 top-level categories, and 1700+ different topics which we had to migrate from the old site to the new, there’s a lot that can go sideways during this kind of work. If you see anything not behaving as you’d expect/like, please let us know!
Leave a Reply