After fulfilling our promise to introduce the Sidecar to our drinking compadres, we explore the dive-e-est dive bars Las Vegas has to offer. We follow that with David and Alicia’s drink-y Thanksgiving traditions.
Like any large city, Las Vegas has its fair share of crime. But when it comes a little too close to home. . .well. . .that’s not a feature. In this episode of Living in Las Vegas, we talk about crime in Vegas, share a personal experience, and show you a website that can tell you exactly how much crime is in your neighborhood.
Besides coming up with a great name for a band (“ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, SQUID KNUCKLES”), David and Alicia take us on a journey of tasty adult beverages, huge pizzas and questionable entertainment. Show notes:
- Visit LASIK of Nevada (50% Off Premium LASIK + $200 more if you mention VVN)
- New Toll-Free Listener Line: 866.966.4599
- Cocktail of the Week: Sex on the Beach
- Drunk Term: Drinking in Stereo
- Grind Burger (360 E. Tropicana Ave.)
- Moon Doggies Bar and Grill (3240 Arville St.)
- Boomers Bar (3200 Sirius Ave.)
- Hot Shots Bar & Brill (3430 E. Tropicana Ave.)
- Hey Bartender (your LIVE chat, email, and listener line questions)
- Last Call (How not to get thrown out, throw up, knocked up or knocked out): Get treated well at the Palms Pool
Cocktail of the Week:
Sex on the Beach
1 oz Vodka
1 oz Peach Schnapps
Orange or Pineapple Juice
Add vodka and peach schnapps to a highball glass. Fill with equal measures of juice and stir.
We may leave stuff out, but we don’t make stuff up!
The Ivy’s don’t visit all these lounges, bars, and pubs for their pleasure, they do it for you, our loyal viewers. And in today’s Pub Crawl, it looks like David and Alicia have found what might be the best bar in Las Vegas. Show notes:
- Promotional consideration by
LASIK of Nevada (50% Off Premium LASIK + $200 more if you mention VVN)
- Cocktail of the Week: Blood & Sand (tastes better than it sounds)
- Drunk term: Blood & Sand
- Minus 5 Ice Lounge
- RM Seafood
- Is Cosmopolitan a game changer?
- Encore, V-Bar, Center Bar
- New Years Eve recap
- Hey Bartender (your LIVE and email questions)
- Last Call (How not to get thrown out, throw up, knocked up or knocked out)
Cocktail of the Week:
Blood & Sand
3/4 oz Scotch Whiskey
3/4 oz Sweet Vermouth
1/4 oz Cherry Brandy
1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
Flamed orange zest for garnish
Pour ingredients into an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake till cold to the touch. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Get out your trusty lighter and flame the orange zest in an acid-fire flourish. Add garnish. Consume.
What the hell is an acid-fire flourish?
It’s hard not to love a show that includes robots, convicts, zombies, a professional bartender pouring amazing drinks, and the introduction of “Rat”. Show notes:
- Meet “Rat”
- Special Guest Bartender: Allison from Frankie’s Tiki Room
- Cocktail of the Week: Zombie (and a Thurston Howell)
- Pub Crawl Adventures: Frankies, Doubledown Saloon, Dive Bar
- Hey Bartender (viewer questions): Are those hookers? Thanksgiving off the strip, Bar for 30+ year olds, Batman Apartments
- Last Call: Free WiFi
Today’s Cocktail of the Week:
2 oz light rum
1 oz dark rum
1 oz pineapple juice
1 oz orange juice
1/2 oz apricot brandy
1/2 oz Bacardi 151 rum
1 tsp sugar
1 oz lime juice
Blend with ice. Float 151 rum and garnish with fruit.
I kinda swing for the robot.