One of the great things about this show is its medicinal properties. After a two day delay from our regular Wednesday show, this special edition of Pub Crawl completely cures David and Alicia of what was ailing them. (“I’m feeling better. . .I think we’re going to hit the town. . .thank you Mr. Hot Toddy!”) Show notes:
- Visit LASIK of Nevada (50% Off Premium LASIK + $200 more if you mention VVN)
- Cocktail of the Week: Whiskey Hot Toddy
- Drunk Term: Souse Trap (beware!!)
- iTunes Shout Outs
- Miller’s Ale House (Town Square, S. Las Vegas Blvd)
- PBR Rock Bar & Grill (Miracle Mile, Planet Hollywood Casino)
- Hey Bartender (your LIVE and email questions): Great happy hour locations on the Strip, Does Putters still suck, Margaritaville thanks
- Last Call (How not to get thrown out, throw up, knocked up or knocked out): Chef Jaime Goldsmith reviews the Wicked Spoon at Cosmopolitan.
Cocktail of the Week:
Whiskey Hot Toddy
1.5 oz bourbon whiskey
1/4 oz lemon juice
3/4 oz sugar syrup or honey
1 slice lemon
4 oz hot water
Pour a shot of whiskey into a cup and add boiling water to it. Add a spoonful of honey or sugar. Add a half slice of lemon, two cloves and, if available, a cinnamon stick. Let brew for three to five minutes.
Depending on preference, the cloves and cinnamon stick can be removed before drinking, although leaving them in is often said to make a toddy even better for clearing a blocked nose and relieving a head cold.
We may leave stuff out, but we don’t make stuff up!