Anybody can visit a lounge and tell a friend how good (or bad) it was. That’s easy. Try reviewing 16+ bars, lounges, and pubs and telling the tale in 41 minutes. That takes a professional!
In this episode of Pub Crawl, David and Alicia zip around the Las Vegas valley in search of your favorite new watering hole. Show notes:
- Visit LASIK of Nevada (50% Off Premium LASIK + $200 more if you mention VVN)
- Cocktail of the Week: Sazerac
- Drunk term: Sazerac History
- Fire Breathers
- Cosmo and Malibu rum
- Lolitas, YardHouse, The Pub at Monte Carlo
- Divas, Las Vegas (w/ Frank Marino)
- Rio (confirming local’s special from last episode)
- Dino Lounge, Divebar, Kellys Pub (karaoke)
- Dick’s Last Resort
- Rumor Boutique Hotel
- Margaritaville, McMullins, Coachmans Inn, Artisan
- Hey Bartender (your LIVE and email questions): cocktail recommendations, the “look”, bartender ‘comps’
- Last Call (How not to get thrown out, throw up, knocked up or knocked out): Free buffet and a new happy hour
Cocktail of the Week:
1 1/2 cups of ice
1 cube or 1/2 teaspoon sugar
4 dashes Bitters
2 oz rye whiskey
1/2 teaspoon absinthe
1 thin strip lemon peel
Fill old-fashioned glass w/ 1 cup ice and set aside. In 2nd old-fashioned glass, stir together sugar, bitters, and 1/2 teaspoon water until sugar is completely dissolved. Add rye whiskey and remaining 1/2 cup ice, and stir well. From first glass, discard ice, then add absinthe. Holding glass horizontally, roll it between your thumbs and forefingers so absinthe completely coats the interior., the discard excess. Strain rye whiskey mixture into chilled, absinthe-coated glass. Squeeze lemon peel over drink, making sure oils fall into glass. Drop peel into drink and serve. (Whew!)
You know what I did this morning? Cried in my shorts drawer.
Hey David and Alicia!
Thanks so much for reviewing Rumor! We are SOOO glad you liked it!
David…say it with us… bou·tique. Love the show! Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the support.
-Rumor Boutique Resort
Scott W. says
Thanks for checking out the show! I’m looking forward to visiting your property as well.
Craig "Blink" Keith says
Rumor is awesome….was there on Tuesday night. If you want to know whether there is a share or if your bartender gets to keep your tip him/herself……….just ask.
Scott W. says
Thanks for the comment and the nice words about Steve Dacri, “Blink”.
David Ivy says
We will be back there tomorrow I think.