Ahhh. . .to be 16 years old with a two under par handicap.
We inject a little youth in this episode of Golf and other Fore-Letter Words as Dennis welcomes young golf phenom Taylor Montgomery. Together, they discuss last week’s Congressional win by Rory McIlroy (and whether the course was too easy to begin with), Henrik Stenson’s meltdown, and Taylor answers some great email and live chat questions. Show notes:
- Like golf? Check out Golfer’s Guide Las Vegas
- Co-host Taylor Montgomery, Future PGA Tour Star
- Tournament Scorecard: Rory McIlroy’s spectacular win at Congressional, Money List, No Fed-Ex Points this week, World Ranking
- Birdies or Bogeys: Bryant Gumbel (HBO “Real Sports”) says USGA “sold-out” for ratings, Rory McIlroy’s father Gerry stands to win 200,000 pounds on a bet with 500:1 odds, high-school freshman Garret Sauls turns down $5000 for winning a putting contest, Henrik Stenson doesn’t know how to properly break a club (Taylor does, by the way)
- Handicap Helper: Age to start golf lessons, golf video suggestions, putting routine, fitness training, removing OB stakes
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, visit the live show at 6PM Pacific every Wednesday or send an email to [email protected].