As we begin episode four of FSE LIVE, the D’s Derek Stevens (co-owner/CEO) describes the huge effort that transformed Fitzgeralds Casino & Hotel to the D. Derek also announces some breaking new about upcoming additions to his property.
We also get Jizzy (Pearl) with it, find the perfect place to play Centipede and Call of Duty (snipers rule!), and get a hankerin’ for some tasty fixins. (There’s a bit of an Easter Egg in the show. Keep an eye out!) Show Notes:
Say “FSE LIVE” get a FREE Labatt Blue Beer at the Long Bar!
Expires on 12/30/12
Thanks to Derek Stevens!
- MOVERS & SHAKERS: Derek Stevens, Co-Owner/CEO – the D / Golden Gate Casino
- MUSIC ON FSE: Jizzy Pearl
- WHERE YOU FROM?!?:How do you select that bands that play on FSE?
- MEET THE NEIGHBORS: Christopher LaPorte – Insert Coin(s)
- FREE DRINK! Labatt Blue Beer at the D Long Bar
- BEST BETS: Tom Bruny – Chili Cookoff, Downtown Throw Down Championship, Las Vegas Bowl, Christmas Tree Lighting / Menorah Lighting, New Years Eve
Stayed at the D Nov 6th through the 9th.
Nice place ,good rooms,great bartenders, but no restaurants .
Only Mcdonalds and coney dog place. Kinda sad.
You had to leave to get something to eat.
Should have spaced the openings better.
Derek announces a new restaurant in the show!
I Respect that ,but don’t close all the restaurants at once and
not let people know when they book a room.
What restaurants did they have before the remodel?
To be honest,I never have eaten at the old FRITZ , but all the other nice casinos
have at least two you can eat at on property.Don’t get me wrong.i like what has
been done so far at the D.I just would have liked someplace closer to eat at
at 2 in the morning.
Randy Sanders says
Love downtown and love the show.
How about a segment that features dealers or floor people talking about some of their most memorable moments at the tables? Might be about a big bet, some the unusual folks who play, how to get credit, etc.
Keep up the great stuff.
Thanks for the kind words, Randy. Interesting idea for a segment. I’ll look into it!